Thursday, September 13, 2012

TV Tropes

Personally, I always go to TV Tropes after I've seen any sort of movie, finished some sort of anime series, or beaten some sort of game. I find that it helps me remember things about what I had just experienced, and it also helps me formulate opinions (which may or may not be a good thing).

What I'm getting at, however, is that TV Tropes allows one to become aware of the devices and ideas some authors of media use to attempt to make their works successful. I try to take some tropes into account when I write, and even while I'm watching a movie, I'll point particular ones out that I catch.

I'm not going to link you to the site, because that would be evil. If you are new to TV Tropes and find it to be really interesting, you will not do anything other than read and read and read and read and read and read and read and read. There is SO MUCH on that website that it could consume your life if you so happen to take it to your liking. Thankfully, that phase has passed for me, and I limit myself to one film, game, or anime finished a visit.

Krennthief

No comments:

Post a Comment